Job Title: Electrical Assembler & Tester
Reports To: Production Manager
Department: Test/Assembly Lab
Assemble components for electric/ hybrid drive systems and test components under the direction of Production Manager by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project instructions and schematics to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem.
- Test devices using various test equipment (i.e. power supply, Oscilloscope, etc.) and in house test fixtures. Voltage range below 40V to as high as 1kV+.
- Build test box using schematics, verbal orders, or written instructions.
- Build harnesses using various crimp tools and small gauge wires to large gauge, with or without protective sleeve.
- Assemble / Rework PCBA following marked up schematic, list, bill of materials, or verbal instructions.
- Familiar with lead free soldering various components SMD as small as 602, IC’s, connectors, etc.
- Not required, a plus if candidate is able to hand build magnetics per written specification.
- Sketch sample drawings on test box/harness, etc. for drafting room completion.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified components.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Reviews project instructions and schematics to ascertain assembly specifications, assembly procedures, assembly equipment.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles existing, new and/or modified components. Hand build transformers, inductors a plus.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated assembly procedures in relation to design or rated specifications and project objectives, and alerts supervisor or other authorities about any incorrect value, part, instruction, that do not meet specifications.
- Records assembly serial numbers, part numbers and maintains test record in their respective file to their respective components to be reviewed by quality control.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree (AA) from community college or Trade School; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software, Adobe Acrobat, and Drawing viewing software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed. IPC-A-610, 620 certified welcomed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities